Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Something in the way

Thoughts lie awake
Yellowing memories run by
Promises spell out
Images flash by

Old memories croon out
The sensations creep in
The thousand hopes unite
Insecurities breathe in

Communication suffers the strain
Relations get exchanged
Exhaustion takes it's toll
The eyes crave for more

Flowers seem to wilt
But the heart still glows with red
Do you really wish I was there?

3 Comments (+add yours?)

pratap kaul said...

uhh, very well written, but metaphors have never been my cup of tea :P, so as much as I tried to make sense of it, I am sure I havent got the underlying message!

(p.s: thats the problem you know, with Shakespearean writers like you and rustics like myself I just cant get myself to write anymore! :P )

(p.p.s:i dont flatter)
Cheers!

Ashmita said...

Haha. This change is much welcome.
Flatter just gets you so far anyway.

As for all the metaphors, I'm more than sure that it's a phase. I shall be back to regular nonsense in a bit. :P

Shraddha said...

well i love metaphors...for their willingness to be interpreted as you like...just adds a whole new dimension...nice one di ! your blog is really a treat-got around reading it a little too late...