Monday, January 28, 2008

Bird-day!

It's my 17th birthday today.

I have a record of my birthday's starting out as a very depressing day but ending up in pretty cool way.

Same thing today.

Was very depressed coz

1. NO party .. thus, no friends

2. Dad out of town, mom sick .. thus no eating out

3. Dad out of town, mom sick .. no presents

4. I have a Bio prelim paper to prepare for tomorrow



So, there i was 1 AM today morning whining about how i hate my birthday and how the day is going to suck to Pratik. But he had to be all nice and sweet and be all " Dont worry.. it'll be fine".I was glad he was there to tell me that. I Tried to believe him. But couldnt.

Until now.



Nalini, Sejal and Pavithra dropped my place unexpectedly at 3.30 PM. With the most amazing gifts. Nanu gave me " Shopoholic takes on Manhattan" ( i know.. its a girly book.. but its fun!) , Puffy gave me a Black Pink Floyd Shirt from their '94 Dark side of the moon tour.. WOW! It fits me and everything! and its soooo COOL! plus she got me ACDC and guns n roses ka key chains.. hehe!Sej gave me dog tag, and this VERY amazing shirt which look oh-so-awesome on me! Hung out at CCD. Hogged on Chat. Pratik dropped in too( Didnt give me gift! That bitch! Aaahh.. but I'm glad he came anyway :D) . Had pastries from Monginis. Then hung out at my building for almost an hour. I was 2 hours late. Sej and Pratik both ended up bunking their test at 7.



I am so happy and content right now. Not coz of the "CCD" or the gifts...yeah them too.. but especially coz I know i have friends who'll last forever. They made sure i had a brilliant birthday.And Everyone who mattered .. called and wished.

So this is what birthdays are all about .... Friends and chocolate!

2 Comments (+add yours?)

sreejith said...

Hey Happy B'day..[:d]

phish said...

a belated happy birthday. it seems strange that at 17 i felt quite the same way. ten years down the line, i am tad afraid to articulate what i feel.

thanks for stumbling by. always a pleasure.