Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sleeping child (?!)

I'm not getting any sleep tonight.
Its irritating.

My efforts for the last hour to make me fall off to sleep have all been in vain.

i am too young for sleeping pills.
i am too old for lullabies


i went to bed.the room is hot.
I'm sweating.
this cant be the way to fall off to sleep.

i switch on the AC.
i move from side to side.
Yet no sleep.

i SMS a few people.
get their replies.
NO sleep.

i see the digital clock change numbers from 23.59 to 00.00.
from 00.06 to 00.07
Its was one of the dullest moments in my life.


i get up.
go to the living room
switch on the TV.
I could use some coffee about now.
Bangladesh has just lost 2 wickets.i change the channel.
Star world has some freaky aliens on.i change the channel.
Zee Cafe has some oversexed teens on.i change the channel.
Vh1 has hip hop hustle and snoop doggy dog on.i change the channel.
Cartoon network has some weird kid cartoon on.i change the channel.
Bangladesh is still stuck at the loss of 2 wickets.
i switch off the TV.


I go to my room.
change my clothes.
again.


i go to the bathroom.
stare at my face for a minute.
Curse my face for another minute.
Then i brush my teeth.
again.
i floss my teeth.
again.
i wash my face.
AGAIN.

i come back to bed.i see the clock change from 00.30 to 00.31.

the room is cool now.
The air is just cool enough to snuggle under the bed cover.
i make a mini tent for myself out of the bed cover.
i start humming an Amy lee song.Mom gives me the look.i shut up.
I re-adjust my position.
Stare into space.
Count my sheeps.
Count the number of times Charlie Brown messed up his chances with the football.
How long do i just lie here..?