Wednesday, June 02, 2010

O'er the hills and far away



It's been 6 months since I've updated anything here.
I feel a little ashamed of myself, yes.

There is only so much time till when you can put off absence from your blog as a writer's block.
So yes, hectic college schedule, drawing sheets, and a tiny bit of sloth over weekends are to blame instead :P

Well, I thought I could bring back the new flow of blog updates along with the onset of the first rains. Don't know how regular I'll be this time around, but I'll try. For my sake.
I miss writing. Period.

So here we are. I'm back where I started. Sitting by the window, reassured by the sound and smell of the rain, listening to monsoon music ( I have a monsoon playlist. Mostly includes, Norah Jones and the likes. Soulful mostly), a mug of coffee, and just typing away :)

Till the next time when I have something more concrete to write.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Playing : Free Bird(Live) - Lynyrd Skynyrd
(An integral part of the monsoon playlist. This song just gives me the goosebumps. Gives me some weird abstract belief in self too.

"I must be travelling on now, 'cause there's too many places I've got to see.
If I stay here with you girl, things just couldn't be the same.
I'm as free as a bird now, and this bird you'll never change".

Classic. )

Now Reading : Lolita - Vladamir Nabokov (On hold due to exams though. Shame)

Now feeling : Content.

8 Comments (+add yours?)

Anonymous said...

Writer's block ? Its a perpetual excuse to not update ! I'm totally ashamed-a year and barely 20 posts I guess !
PS : I started Fountainhead now ! Exams just inspire I tell you ! :P
And I shall take the Papillon from you as soon as I'm done with this...

Anonymous said...

Oye that was Shraddha ! I dont know -the url/name thingy not working!

Preeti Ramaraj said...

Yeah...finally!!!!!!!!!!1
I'm ashamed by just not updating for the past one and half months..will do too!! waiting to read...and yes, ur blog is cheerful now...real cool!

Unknown said...

writer's bock *cough* It's a disease i tell you :P

Scribblers Inc said...

welcome back...dont let your blog diee...not just yet...

Scribblers Inc.

Ashmita said...

@everyone: Yes, yes. I'm done making excuses. I shall hit that publish button more often now.

Hopefully. :P

@ Shraddha: Just let me know when you want Papillon, I shall get it.

For Change and Alter Egos said...

@ Scribblers Inc : Saaala. Delhi boy. :P

Anonymous said...

Writers block.It is to a writer what Short balls are for Indian batsmen.
Excuses I meant :P