Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Chocolate Chip Muffin

It was a pleasant eventful trip to Kolkata. Met some amazing people, saw some breathtaking sights, heard some wonderful stories.

But to be very honest, through out the 7 days, I was utterly miserable on the inside.

I mean, I did my part. I didn't showcase my utter frustration and sadness; instead I smiled around, gave away hugs and touched at least a thousand feet. But really, I was slowly breaking inside.

You see, I've been searching for muffin trays in Bombay for over a year. Ok, now I admit, I never had the time to go out on a full fledged hunt, but I used to do as much as I could. And that search would inevitably always end in the same away, in total and utter failure.

That was the case up until the night before I boarded the flight to Kolkata. Samata, very nonchalantly, mentioned how she got her muffin moulds from this store in IC Colony and how she was dying to buy their new silicon muffin trays.

I mean. WHAT THE HELL?!

I had to wait 7 days and 17 hours till I could hop into the rickshaw, and reach bakers heaven. I went, I saw, and I shopped.

So as expected, after a year long wait, I finally baked my chocolate chip muffins. And boy, were they delicious :)



















I have launched into baking overdrive.

The next time you see me, I will, in all probabilities, be at least 5 kilos heavier. So yes, you have been warned.

That is unless, someone wants to drop by and help me clear ingest these treats? :P

7 Comments (+add yours?)

Rishkul Kulkarni said...

ok. this enough. you keep that 'first day of college' word. else you die. yes, a threat.

Preeti Ramaraj said...

^^ you threaten??!!!
Ashmita, I cook and love cooking but bake, no!!
so, I need to taste ur creation and the day you come here!! pleazzz

Rishkul Kulkarni said...

of course i threaten. chocolate chip muffins? that look like that...of course i threaten.

Ashmita said...

@Rishkul : I think you should be happy with the agreement we came to.

@Preeti: There will be a muffins with your name on it during the first week of college, not to worry :)

Ashmita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rishkul Kulkarni said...

yes. pretty much. :)

Dimple Nangia said...

wow.wow.wow.