Saturday, July 03, 2010

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts maybe?


Life has become quite hectic since I decided to slack off at my internship, instead of slacking off at home.

I barely get time to do the things I wanted to, this break. But I try to squeeze in the sweeter things in life, from time to time. Plus, I had to do full justice to the cookie cutters I had bought along with the muffin tray. So I couldn't really keep them waiting.

I think this was the first time that my entire baking process took much longer than an hour. And the procedure was a little phoren to me, but it was a bit too much fun. After I'd rolled out the dough, and it was time to cut out the shapes; I'd laid out the different star, heart, leaf shaped cutters and invited both my nani and mum to help me out. Both behaved like kids I tell you! Incredible it was :)

And then, there was the icing. It was so messy and delicious, you just have got to try it.
I still have green and red stains on my fingers; and I've got to admit, 5 hours later, I am still a *tiny* bit hopped up on icing sugar :P










Fresh out of the oven





And the messy icing bit!




Little red hearts :)




And the dreamy white stars.





And yes, the delicious sugar-y mess.

This should last me a good happy week! :P

8 Comments (+add yours?)

Rishkul Kulkarni said...

can i move in?

Ashmita said...

What are your policies on late night snacks and insomnia?

Preeti Ramaraj said...

^^ anyday with such wonderful cookies
reminds me of my dadi who makes butter biscuits in the same shapes..yumm :)

Rohit said...

Interesting. I call dibs on cookies in December.

Rishkul Kulkarni said...

there are no policies against them. should be enough no?

Shraddha said...

Okay enough di. This is mind-b;asting awesomeness. We'll have a SPBC-a bake club and you can treat us ! Ola-I wouldnt mind moving in too...Late night snacks and insomnia-cant live without them !

Dimple Nangia said...

They look super awesome. Me also wants! :D

Ashmita said...

:D
I need to make these again soon.