Thursday, July 15, 2010

I can bake my cake, and eat it too.

After a much required inspiring baking move by Mayuresh, I decided to stop worrying and take the plunge already.


I was scared, skeptical, and tired of sieving icing sugar for a better part of the 2 hours, but at the end of it, I emerged alive with a double layer chocolate cake in my hands.

The first part was bliss. Just mixing the butter, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract, eggs and yes, flour! Easy Peasy! Just plug in the beater and go.







And this is where the batter eating started.



After I had tucked in the batter in the oven, it was time to melt the glorious dark chocolate.
And boy, did it melt. Awesomeness re-defined.


This was the "has the chocolate mix cooled down yet" tasting session every 5 min.



The few most torturous minutes of my life where when my cake was cooling on the cooling rack, while i could smell the other one in the oven.





And if that was bad enough, the horrible, taxing job of sieving the icing sugar arrived. I'm telling you, it is the ideal punishment for an irritating kid, or well, whoever you want to punish.

Oh well, dumped all that in the melted dark chocolate with the cream and vanilla.
After putting on a very brave fight, all that milky white had to finally give into the chocolate.

So all there was left for me to do, was apply icing on my cakes, and let it set for a while.

And finally, finito :)




















Did I hog on it? No, not yet. My parents and nani did instead.

Am I happy? Yes, very much. I now understand the kind of happiness my mum experiences when she realizes she's brought me up right. The amount of effort and love she put in, finally paid of and give birth to a beautiful thing.

For me, that beautiful thing is my cake. (Yes, I am aware I sound like a total retard at this point of time, but look! Cake! It is no longer a lie! )

And now, I can sleep with a smile on my face.
Why you ask?
It's because I finally know that I can bake my cake and eat it too. :)

4 Comments (+add yours?)

Dimple Nangia said...

Cake! Wow.. it looks awesome! Dammit. Sugar high indeed.. and this is just by looking at the pic!

I foresee a bakery in the future?

Shraddha said...

I dont stay too far. Invite me pleaj !
Don't you show off your photography skills like this :P

Agrima said...

I love the illustrations and it all looks (and sounds ) yummy. Get me a bite or two next time. Please.

Ashmita said...

@Dimple - You never know :)

@Shraddha - I am still miles behind. Need to catch up still!

@Agrima - Soon.