Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Vanilla Cupcakes with Butter Cream Frosting


A wise lady once said, "When you look at a cupcake, you've got to smile."

And every time I open my fridge, 'smiling' is the most polite version of what is smeared on my face!

You see those gorgeous things sitting on the counters, jumping out of magazines, staring at you out of the professionally clicked photographs on other food blogs, and you can't help but hate yourself a little bit for not having one in your hand. And the worst of the lot are, the mini cupcakes which inhibit Candies. Little rascals, all of them.

So after donning the hat of improvisation, I decided to bake a few cupcakes myself. Vanilla cupcakes are swell, and the butter cream frosting is heavenly. Thankfully, I had some coloring left over from the cutout cookies ("Raspberry Red" to be precise), so i could end up with a very pink set of cupcakes :P










Oh, and the frosting! Swirling the frosting around with my awesome new nozzle, is just a hoot I tells you.

And, yes, you. A batch shall be on their way to your tummy very soon. You know who you are.


4 Comments (+add yours?)

Scribblers Inc said...

Sweet Pink mother of jesus!! Will you look at THAT!! :D

Scribblers Inc.

P.S.- I am looking for budget air tickets as we speak...I hope you save some for me! :)

Shraddha said...

*Oh my god ! * (Imagine Janice saying this ! :P )

Dude this is awesomeness in every sense of the word.

Note that baccho ko meethai batoge toh bahut bhala hoga ! You understand me right ! :P

Preeti Ramaraj said...

Yes, i know its me..I guess its very soon..its gotto be very soon!! cmon..u cant do this and not give me!!

Ashmita said...

@Scribblers Inc : There seem to be something sweet and baked in my fridge all through the month. So saving some for you, is not even a matter of question! :P

@Shraddha and Preeti : A few more weeks, and there shall be cupcakes being given out in the spit entrance again :)