Saturday, August 14, 2010

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting



Up until 4 hours back, I was even consciously aware of the presence of the red velvet cake/cup cake in the world. Like any other Saturday afternoon, I was fiddling with the laptop and came across this video about 'Re inventing the cupcake', based on this nice female with a 'cupcakery' in New York. Needless to say, the moment I laid my eyes on the gorgeous cupcake she was baking, I knew I had to try it.

Like a tune which is playing in your head on loop the entire day, the image of the cupcake was flashing before my eyes every few seconds. Scanning through the recipe, I realized I could actually pull it off before the sun sets, and before my family wakes up from their 'Saturday - post lunch - fish curry and rice' slumber.

Terribly sorry for the ones who don't stay nearby and can't come over, and bite into the awesomeness this is. The red colored cupcake is a delight to look at, the subtle taste of dark cocoa which hits you at the very first bite, is very gratifying ;and the huge blob of chocolate frosting on the top is just plain sinful.










Look how red!






*drool* chocolate.


So, yes. That. :)


P.S- I mean. Seriously. These things are a pain to carry out of the house with the roads that we have. The frosting gets absolutely ruined. So I mean, call. And come over won't you? And stop threatening me!

Yes, Samata, I mean you. :P

3 Comments (+add yours?)

Shraddha said...

Oh ! I stay nearby and I can come over ! :P

Total awesomeness man !

Anonymous said...

*sluurrrrp* since when did you start baking so much? Are civil engineers that jobless :P

Meera Vijayann said...

OMG, this looks sooo yummm...